Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jubilee, Calatrava, and MACRO

Richard Meier Jubilee Church
http://eternallycool.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/church-2000-exterior.jpg

I like this church, and how it addressed the area and the needs of the area. however, I did not like the area. I also think it's a shame that the church is kept fenced in. The central part of the interior was functional and emotional but the secondary spaces lacked the same feel and I found myself wishing that these spaces and the short free standing partitions that helped form them weren't there.

Calatrava Construction Site- Citta Della Sport
Photo Courtesy of Stephanie Cervantes
I really wish that some projects were allowed to remain unfinished. I feel like this project is much more interesting in it's current state than it will be when finished. I would hate to see it with a roof.

MACRO
Courtesy of Andrew Laux
I really liked everything about this display. It engaged the sense of smell, sight, and sound.
The building itself had some nice elements, the courtyard, rooftop, semi-circular stairs, and symmetry (oh yeah and a really cool bathroom), but I really think it's a shame when a building is not allowed to function as it was intended. What was intended to be public space was closed off, because someone decided that the courtyard entrance should be kept closed. It would have been really cool to see the space as a functional indoor/outdoor public space.

No comments:

Post a Comment