Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Allahaısmarladık

It’s impossible for me to describe what happened in Turkey. All I can say is that now I feel like I have something to live for. Not anything concrete or certain, just that I have to get back there to find what it was that moved me so. The mosques, the calls, the people, the culture, the food, the smells, the nagile, the tea… I don’t know.
There’s no picture with this post because a picture cannot capture what I found there. I was given a glimpse into a different world, a different way of seeing things, a different life.
Yes, I still feel lost (I start to wonder if that feeling will ever go away) and perhaps even more sad, because I left me heart in another world.
But I promised Istanbul that I would come back, and I begged it to not forget me; I begged it to not let me forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment