Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Campo di Fiore

Last night I stood in Campo di Fiore at 3:30 AM and there was no one there... wait. stop. no. no one.
I walked to the center and it felt like walking across an empty stage when there isn't anyone in the audience, no one to be seen in the whole theater. And the world feels so fragile, as if it's resting on the point of a pin, and the whole world holds its breath for fear if they exhale it will fall and shatter.

No, it didn't make me feel better and it didn't answer any questions or quell the rage of thoughts that flood my mind everyday, but it did bring to light something Higgins had said. How Rome was the backdrop for the greatest show ever performed...

I suppose that's why I have to leave in two weeks... because every actor must exit the stage as the script directs.

No comments:

Post a Comment